February 24, 2011: Women in Sports & Events, a leading and well-respected resource for professional women in the business of sports and events, has unveiled the recipients of the 2011 WISE Women of the Year Awards. This year's honorees are:
• Stacey Allaster, Chairman/CEO, Women's Tennis Assn.
• Lisa Baird, CMO, U.S. Olympic Committee
• Wendy Lewis, SVP-Diversity and Strategic Alliances, Major League Baseball
The three women will be honored at the 17th annual WISE Women of the Year Awards Luncheon on June 8 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. The event will be hosted by CBS Sports Tracy Wolfson.
"This year's honorees have made lasting contributions to their respective organizations, and the overall sports landscape."
The honorees, which were voted on by the WISE membership, were selected based on the following criteria:
• Women who, in their careers, are visible leaders and continue to be an influential voice for women in the industry
• Women who have broken down barriers and helped create connections and new opportunities for other women while continuing to be a respected resource in the field
•Women who exemplify professional excellence and are role models for others.
"As WISE celebrates its 17th year of honoring influential women in sports and events, the group of women in power positions is increasingly making the selection process much more exciting," Sue Rodin, founder and national president of WISE, said in a statement. "This year's honorees have made lasting contributions to their respective organizations, and the overall sports landscape, and we applaud them for their efforts, dedication and commitment to serving as an inspiration to other aspiring women.
The WISE 2010 Women of the Year were Jean Afterman, vp/assistant GM for the New York Yankees; Roxanne Jones, vp-ESPN publishing; and Jennifer Storms, svp-Gatorade.